Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016



Let’s talk; Do’s & Don’ts
 
  
Wedding Dress
 
DO: Be reasonable with what you want. Have a realistic budget for your wedding dress and try on gowns that are within that budget (or maybe slightly over) but don’t try on a $8,000 gown when you can only spend $2,000 and risk being hung up on a gown that you can’t afford and be confused about other options.

DON’T: Compromise on your wedding gown. Don’t choose a gown that you don’t love for a few hundred dollars less. It’s better to pull that extra from another area in your wedding budget.
 

 
 
    Accessorize.
 
DO: Add touches that will compliment your overall look. You want your guests to see your face, your dress then you accessories.

DON’T: Overdo it. You don’t want your veil to compete with your dress. Nor do you want all of the jewelry taking the attention off of your face.
 

 
 
    Bridesmaids
 
Have your close friends who care about you up there. Have friends who will help you and be there for you. Essentially they are "Bride's Maids". So have the girls who will support you on your big day.
DON'T: Have a ton of girls who don't care about the Bride. You don't want girls who are going to become diva's or make things more stressful. Sometimes, less is more. Less bridesmaids, less issues.
 
 
 
Colors
 
DO: Choose colors that compliment the overall wedding and that don't upstage the bride. Choose tones that are similar and patterns that aren't over the top.
DON’T: Have too many colors and patterns. You don't want the Bridesmaids to take the attention off the Bride.

 

 
Details
 
DO: Be smart in your wedding details. Spend on what you can see that makes a great impact such as statement pieces, flowers visual décor etc and try to save on the smaller items.

DON’T: Have too much going on in the details. Often Brides like too many different looks, styles and colors and can make the mistake of trying to throw everything together. It’s always better to keep things simple. 
 

 
 
BE INSPIRED
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I was referred to Elena at shop by a friend who also bought her MOB dress there. At my appointment Brittany showed up. I have not bought formal wear in 30 years. She showed me racks and left me to my own devices while chatting on phone. I picked out a dress I liked and told her I had been advised to have it fit my largest measurement. Dress came in and it was too tight. Brittany told me it was too late to order a larger dress. Jill from Bela Dona tailors told me she could make it work. I went for 2 fittings and 2 days before I leave it still does not fit right and the stitching at zipper is unraveling. $400 for dress $155 for alterations and I don't know what I am going to do. Stay away. Kelly Ward

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS